Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Christmas at the "Fort"

Go down 
+4
SciFi
kidrkp
wilkykav2
Indy452
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Indy452

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Christmas at the "Fort" Empty
PostSubject: Christmas at the "Fort"   Christmas at the "Fort" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:55 pm

Can anyone tell me if the Christmas at the old Fort is still going on?

When I grew up in Hays I remember going to it every year and would like to take my kids to it this year but I have been having trouble finding info about it. I live in Beloit now but thought I'd ask before traveling there.

If they still do that what dates are they running it and hours and cost.

Thanks.

Neal
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Christmas at the "Fort"   Christmas at the "Fort" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:59 pm

Well I do know it was this last Fri and Sat nites from 7-9pm and it was free,I tried to make it but didn't,I have never been but we're all sick:(

heres the link/info
We missed it Christmas at the "Fort" 305403
Back to top Go down
kidrkp

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Christmas at the "Fort"   Christmas at the "Fort" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 1:10 pm

I took my kids and it was really nice I thought. It wasn't too cold and the kids thought the horse drawn "hayrack without hay" ride was great! It had lots of goodies along the way too. I could never imagine living back in the day!!
Back to top Go down
Indy452

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Christmas at the "Fort"   Christmas at the "Fort" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 4:55 pm

wilkykav2 wrote:
Well I do know it was this last Fri and Sat nites from 7-9pm and it was free,I tried to make it but didn't,I have never been but we're all sick:(

heres the link/info
We missed it Christmas at the "Fort" 305403

Dang! Thanks for the link. I guess according to the link it was only the two days. I was hoping it was actually closer to the holiday. Oh well I guess. I'll try for next year.

Anything else happening around Hays? I'm out of the loop till now. Nice little forum you all have here. Christmas at the "Fort" 862468

Neal
Back to top Go down
SciFi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SciFi

Number of posts : 1242
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Christmas at the "Fort"   Christmas at the "Fort" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 6:43 pm

Indy452 wrote:
Nice little forum you all have here. Christmas at the "Fort" 862468
Neal
I think so, too. It has been through a few iterations, crashes, and some controversy. But when the admin was Michael, we had a bake sale for Alana Rocha who is a reporter for KWCH, who was in a terrible car wreck. Raised almost $1,000 at the Mall for her. It was a hoot. NB, Fireman's Wife, and Renee(sp) whose forum name escapes me now, organized a wonderful event. I wish she was still here. We even had a segment on KAYS-TV about it. The crew from that station who came out and taped us bought stuff. It was neat.
Back to top Go down
Yawe
Yawe

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Christmas at the "Fort"   Christmas at the "Fort" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 10:28 pm

SciFi wrote:
Indy452 wrote:
Nice little forum you all have here. Christmas at the "Fort" 862468
Neal
I think so, too. It has been through a few iterations, crashes, and some controversy. But when the admin was Michael, we had a bake sale for Alana Rocha who is a reporter for KWCH, who was in a terrible car wreck. Raised almost $1,000 at the Mall for her. It was a hoot. NB, Fireman's Wife, and Renee(sp) whose forum name escapes me now, organized a wonderful event. I wish she was still here. We even had a segment on KAYS-TV about it. The crew from that station who came out and taped us bought stuff. It was neat.

I thought it was a great cause as well. Don't bake so I donated a couple of necklaces I had made. It's nice when folks that hardly know each other, outside the forum, can come together and do something for someone. Christmas at the "Fort" 397852
Back to top Go down
nobodysbusiness
Admin
Admin
nobodysbusiness

Number of posts : 2062
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Christmas at the "Fort"   Christmas at the "Fort" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 10:47 pm

Yawe wrote:

I thought it was a great cause as well. Don't bake so I donated a couple of necklaces I had made. It's nice when folks that hardly know each other, outside the forum, can come together and do something for someone. Christmas at the "Fort" 397852

I have one of those necklaces, the purple one! Now I know who you are... lol. Ya know the one thing that chaps my hide about that whole thing? We didn't get a thank you from the station OR the person we organized the bake sale for... oh well, was eons ago.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Christmas at the "Fort"   Christmas at the "Fort" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 11:01 pm

my mother has the other necklace
Back to top Go down
Yawe
Yawe

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Christmas at the "Fort"   Christmas at the "Fort" Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 11:44 pm

Glad to finally know who got the necklaces.
Back to top Go down
Oz
Rookie
Rookie
Oz

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Christmas at the "Fort"   Christmas at the "Fort" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:37 pm

I think they usually have the Christmas at Old Fort Hays the same weekend as the Madrigal Dinner at FHSU. They also have something at the Ellis County Historical Society the same evening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas at the "Fort"   Christmas at the "Fort" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christmas at the "Fort"
Page 1 of 1