Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Car question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Car question Empty
PostSubject: Car question   Car question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:05 pm

I have been trying to remove the headlight/turnsignal assembly from my car. I'm needing to change out the turn signal bulb. I took the 2 bolts out and tried to pull the lamp assembly out but it will not pull out. I can't believe its this much hassle to change out a bulb. All the other vehicles I owned it was an easier process than what it is on this car. Its a 2000 cavalier. Any ideas???
Back to top Go down
crutch51
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
crutch51

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Car question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car question   Car question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:15 pm

What you'll need: Screwdriver or Pliers - for the rivets holding the plastic cover 1/2 inch Socket Wrench Flashlight Small mirror - Helpful to see how to line up the bulb and socket in the bumper.

Remove the black plastic cover over the headlamp assembly. It is held on by a few plastic "rivets." Be careful not to break them (I did). Remove the two 1/2 inch bolts holding the headlamp assembly frame. Lift or slide the headlamp assembly forward. Then, you will have access to the back of the turn signal lamp next to the headlamp and the lamp below in the bumper. The bulb in the bumper is actualy on the bottom of the assembly. Both bulbs can be removed with a 1/4 turn

hope this helps..
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Car question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car question   Car question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:22 pm

I have tried to lift/slide the assembly out and it won't go and I'm afraid to try forcing it too much and breaking it. I even went to the extent and took the wheel well cover off and tried to get to the bulb from that direction and yes I could see the bulb but getting my arm in there to change it was another story. Like my computer this car is starting to piss me off.

Thanks for the input. Smile
Back to top Go down
crutch51
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
crutch51

Car question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car question   Car question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:27 pm

Unfortunately,we are at the mercy of the car dealerships these days,and it sucks...
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Car question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car question   Car question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:29 pm

Yeah I'm starting to think that. I might end up going to the library and looking in one of the chilton's manuals to see what it says before I go to a dealership.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

Car question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car question   Car question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:33 pm

Back to top Go down
crutch51
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
crutch51

Car question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car question   Car question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:35 pm

Have you tried removing the bracket,once you do that,that should allow you to replace the bulb..
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Car question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car question   Car question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:59 pm

I think I might have found an answer to my problem, well anyway I hope I found the answer, when I try this again tomorrow afternoon.
Back to top Go down
crutch51
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
crutch51

Car question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car question   Car question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:06 pm

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
fescue
Rookie
Rookie
fescue

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Car question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car question   Car question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:21 pm

I had a GM pickup that you pulled up a rod under the hood and the whole assembly would then pull out allowing bulb replacement
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Car question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car question   Car question Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 7:38 pm

I finally got the bulb changed out. It was easier pulling the whole headlight unit out than putting the damn thing back in. I fought with the thing for 30 mins before I got the unit back into place. Now I know what to expect when I have to change the headlight out. Thanks for all the advice!!! cheers Car question 862468 Car question 364910 Car question 952780
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Car question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car question   Car question Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 12:34 am

That's cool that you got it fixed! Isn't everyone so helpful here though?!!!!

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.slumberpartiesbyvalarie.com
Sponsored content

Car question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car question   Car question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Car question
Page 1 of 1