Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Torturing Criminals in Colorado

Go down 
+2
Degeneration X
Justoo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Torturing Criminals in Colorado Empty
PostSubject: Torturing Criminals in Colorado   Torturing Criminals in Colorado Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 8:20 am

Fort Lupton Municipal Judge Paul Sacco says his novel punishment of forcing noise violators to listen to music they don't like for one hour has cut down on the number of repeat offenders in this northwestern Colorado prairie town.

About four times a year, those who plead guilty to noise ordinance violations are required to sit in a room and listen to music from the likes of Manilow, Barney the Dinosaur, and The Platters' crooning "Only You"

"These people should have to listen to music they don't like," said Judge Paul Sacco for a segment about the program that aired Friday on Denver's KUSA-TV.

Sacco began the program years ago when he noticed that many of the repeat offenders simply showed up at his courtroom to pay their fine with cash.

"Most kids don't want to hear somebody like Glen Close trying to sing opera," he said.

Video of a recent class showed teenagers with long faces shifting in their seats or looking up at the ceiling. "You can't fall asleep," said teenager Rueben Fuentes right before letting out a bit of a sigh.

Members of a garage band were at the class after playing music late at night in their backyard.

"The cop station was two blocks away," said band member Robert Mort. "People who were at the party loved it. I'm not sure the cops did."

"Too much music, too loud, too late," added band member Harrison DeRuiter.

So what does Sacco think of Barry Manilow?

"I actually don't think Manilow's too bad," he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,456665,00.html
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

PostSubject: Re: Torturing Criminals in Colorado   Torturing Criminals in Colorado Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:28 pm

I seen this on the news this morning, it sounds like a good punishment to me. I felt though that they should have to suffer through all that for more than an hour. I think maybe 4 or 5 hours would be a perfect fit.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

PostSubject: Re: Torturing Criminals in Colorado   Torturing Criminals in Colorado Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:09 pm

I could listen to Manilow for a while. Opera, on the other hand, would be too much.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051

PostSubject: Re: Torturing Criminals in Colorado   Torturing Criminals in Colorado Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:19 pm

Back to top Go down
crutch51
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
crutch51

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Torturing Criminals in Colorado   Torturing Criminals in Colorado Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmybmLk_1Jk

Maybe Lawrence Welk would have been better punishment
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Torturing Criminals in Colorado   Torturing Criminals in Colorado Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 6:23 pm

Listen to Manilow for an hour? Well maybe if they killed a busload of kids, hacked a dozen nuns up with a dull ax, or blocked the entrances to a packed auditorium and lit it on fire. Not much else would warrant such extreme torture as an hour of Manilow. Well maybe an hour of Manilow and 2 hours of Barbara Streisand for spilling the last beer after the stores are closed.

Note: Coors Light is NOT beer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torturing Criminals in Colorado   Torturing Criminals in Colorado Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 6:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Yawe
Yawe

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Torturing Criminals in Colorado   Torturing Criminals in Colorado Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 4:27 pm

I've got some old John Phillp Suessa they can borrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torturing Criminals in Colorado   Torturing Criminals in Colorado Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Torturing Criminals in Colorado
Page 1 of 1