Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

On Love....

Go down 
+9
slider
slickjay12
Ratzilla
LukeTHr
The Other One
jewelz
crutch51
NGM
CelticDragon
13 posters
AuthorMessage
CelticDragon
Rookie
Rookie
CelticDragon

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-10-06

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 10:28 am

Everyone should watch this. It is one of the best videos I have seen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVUecPhQPqY
Back to top Go down
NGM

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-04-12

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 10:51 am

Thank you for this link...what a awesome stance and one that should make ALL of us take notice!!
Back to top Go down

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:03 am

No tits....not worth watching. I had always hoped that AIDS would have taken care of it by now.
Back to top Go down

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:03 am

oh, yeah.................fessee
Back to top Go down
crutch51
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
crutch51

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2008-04-24

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:10 am

Why is it that some people are just narrow-minded?
Back to top Go down
jewelz
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
jewelz

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2008-04-04

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 2:28 pm

mikecc wrote:
oh, yeah.................fessee
I was trying to write shit in a nice way Mikeeee, Why do you tease so much about spelling?? I even tryed spell check
Back to top Go down
http://www.firstpeople bears.com
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 3:38 pm

Olberman looks like he's going to cry.

Although I agree that gay marriage should be legal, I have much different reasons for my stance. Olberman is just spouting emotional rhetoric.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2008-03-26

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 3:56 pm

Can't stand Olberman , he is a stuffed shirt pompous ass

as to the gay issue......how they live should be their own business, if they want to allow legal changes to have the same rights as a spuose, great call it a domestic union

maybe that way everyone will be happy
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 7:56 pm

I find the whole gay marriage thing to be kinda silly, but here's the way it is. Those who oppose it say the definition of marriage is only being a union between a man and woman, and they base it on one thing, that being the Bible. Therefore since separation of church and state is still in effect, it is not possible under US law to ban gay marriage on those grounds.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 8:09 pm

besides the fact the bible is the best selling work of fiction ever written
Back to top Go down
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2008-06-27

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 10:25 pm

Somewhere in that oh so loved book called The Bible is a passage that states very clearly that "God created us (man) in his own image." So one could surmize logically that would mean that whether you are male/female, of any race, gay/straight you were created by God in his own image ..... end of argument.

A friend of mine who has spent many years studying the Bible was left speechless by my observation. She told me several days later after speaking with her fellow Bible Study group after many hours of discussion and searching through their research archives that none of them could find fault nor could rebuke with that observation.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:23 pm

The next time someone tells you we're all created in God's image tell them to look around in Walmart and think about that.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 6:27 am

slider wrote:
Somewhere in that oh so loved book called The Bible is a passage that states very clearly that "God created us (man) in his own image." So one could surmize logically that would mean that whether you are male/female, of any race, gay/straight you were created by God in his own image ..... end of argument.
OK, we were created in his image. That image being pure, innocent and perfect. Many are still being born pure, innocent and perfect. It is our decisions and actions throughout life that make us less and less like him. So whether you are male/female, of any race, gay/straight you are no longer as God created you..... end of argument.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 6:52 am

Ratzilla wrote:
The next time someone tells you we're all created in God's image tell them to look around in Walmart and think about that.

On Love.... Images10
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:56 am

large women in tight stretch pants was left out
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:57 am

BINGO!!!!! I won the blackout... WoooHoooo!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 10:57 am

Blackie Kuhn wrote:
large women in tight stretch pants was left out

Wouldn't that come under "obese person using scooter?"
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 11:01 am

Did you hear that Wal-Mart is going to go back into Iraq? They used to have stores there, but when the war started, they turned them all into Targets.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 11:03 am

wah wah wah waaaaaaaah
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 6:50 pm

Justoo wrote:
slider wrote:
OK, we were created in his image. That image being pure, innocent and perfect. Many are still being born pure, innocent and perfect. It is our decisions and actions throughout life that make us less and less like him. So whether you are male/female, of any race, gay/straight you are no longer as God created you..... end of argument.

And some are born with missing or deformed limbs, disfigured faces, blood disorders, non-functional vital organs, rare terminal disorders like progeria, brain damage, etc., etc. And quite often it's a bad gene, not chemical exposure, drug abuse or other man made issues that's the cause. God must be a mess.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm

I did say many, not all. I allowed for imperfection.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Yeah justoo, I figured that's why you worded it the way you did. Just added my thought.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 8:57 pm

I know, you can't help it.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:03 pm

I just got that drive in me to spread the word justoo. Do ya feel it brother? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:52 pm

I feel something... oozing up between my toes.
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 11:13 pm

The Other One wrote:

Although I agree that gay marriage should be legal, I have much different reasons for my stance. Olberman is just spouting emotional rhetoric.

Not trying to debate here... just curious. What are your different reasons?

But if you ARE in the mood for an argument... care to point out where Olberman is wrong?

suzyr wrote:
wah wah wah waaaaaaaah

WWJD?
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 2:59 am

Bighead wrote:
The Other One wrote:

I think we covered this in the old forum, but here goes.

Reason 1: Gays are currently living together and doing everything that a married couple would do. However, they currently are only filing income taxes as single people. This means that a heterosexual DINK (Double Income No Kids) couple who are married and filing a joint income tax return receive only two thirds the personal exemption amount as a homosexual DINK couple who can not marry, therefore being forced to file separately. But wait, you say, why can't the married couple just file separately? They could, but they are still designated as married filing separately and taxed at a higher rate. This is affectionately known as the marriage penalty tax. It is somewhat evened out by exemptions and credits for children, but we're talking about DINK couples here. Also, homesexuals in stable, long-term relationships tend to be in professions that pay very well. So let them marry. They are essentially giving themselves a tax increase. Maybe that will keep the government from wanting more out of the rest of us.

Reason 2: Healthcare. Let's say Harry and Sally are married and both have jobs with employer provided insurance. They're smart, so they have each other double covered. One day, Sally feels a lump on her breast. She goes to the doctor and it turns out to be advanced breast cancer. Sally has to go on chemotherapy and radiation, and eventually is too weak to work. She has to quit her job. At this point, Harry's insurance is there to continue coverage for her treatment. Now let's say that the couple is Harry and Larry, and it's Larry who gets sick with prostate cancer. This couple has not been allowed to marry, and unless they work for a very progressive company whose policy allows domestic partner coverage, and there aren't many of those companies, what happens to Larry when he has to quit his job? COBRA is a joke. A person without a job couldn't possibly afford full premiums, and after 18 months it gets cancelled anyway. So who ends up paying for Larry's treatment? We do. The taxpayers. The government will only pay certain amounts, though, so the hospital has to write off the extra cost, or more precisely they raise the cost for everyone else to make up the difference. Had Harry and Larry been married, they would have had the same options as Harry and Sally. Unless they are insured by AIG, the rest of us don't end up paying their medical bills.

So there you go. In one sense, I agree with Olberman (did I just say that?). Whether gays are getting married or not makes no difference to me personally. I don't feel threatened by it. As long as they leave my kids alone, I don't have a problem with them at all. And truthfully, there are many more straight pedophiles than there are gay pedophiles, so the statement that they would endanger kids is not only ignorant, but may in effect endanger the children of people who focus on gays.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 12:40 pm

The Other One wrote:
Bighead wrote:
The Other One wrote:

I think we covered this in the old forum, but here goes.

Reason 1: Gays are currently living together and doing everything that a married couple would do. However, they currently are only filing income taxes as single people. This means that a heterosexual DINK (Double Income No Kids) couple who are married and filing a joint income tax return receive only two thirds the personal exemption amount as a homosexual DINK couple who can not marry, therefore being forced to file separately. But wait, you say, why can't the married couple just file separately? They could, but they are still designated as married filing separately and taxed at a higher rate. This is affectionately known as the marriage penalty tax. It is somewhat evened out by exemptions and credits for children, but we're talking about DINK couples here. Also, homesexuals in stable, long-term relationships tend to be in professions that pay very well. So let them marry. They are essentially giving themselves a tax increase. Maybe that will keep the government from wanting more out of the rest of us.

Reason 2: Healthcare. Let's say Harry and Sally are married and both have jobs with employer provided insurance. They're smart, so they have each other double covered. One day, Sally feels a lump on her breast. She goes to the doctor and it turns out to be advanced breast cancer. Sally has to go on chemotherapy and radiation, and eventually is too weak to work. She has to quit her job. At this point, Harry's insurance is there to continue coverage for her treatment. Now let's say that the couple is Harry and Larry, and it's Larry who gets sick with prostate cancer. This couple has not been allowed to marry, and unless they work for a very progressive company whose policy allows domestic partner coverage, and there aren't many of those companies, what happens to Larry when he has to quit his job? COBRA is a joke. A person without a job couldn't possibly afford full premiums, and after 18 months it gets cancelled anyway. So who ends up paying for Larry's treatment? We do. The taxpayers. The government will only pay certain amounts, though, so the hospital has to write off the extra cost, or more precisely they raise the cost for everyone else to make up the difference. Had Harry and Larry been married, they would have had the same options as Harry and Sally. Unless they are insured by AIG, the rest of us don't end up paying their medical bills.

So there you go. In one sense, I agree with Olberman (did I just say that?). Whether gays are getting married or not makes no difference to me personally. I don't feel threatened by it. As long as they leave my kids alone, I don't have a problem with them at all. And truthfully, there are many more straight pedophiles than there are gay pedophiles, so the statement that they would endanger kids is not only ignorant, but may in effect endanger the children of people who focus on gays.

Oh my the world is coming to a end I actually agree with EP On Love.... 530931 On Love.... 530931 On Love.... 629896
Back to top Go down
Bighead
All Star
All Star
Bighead

Number of posts : 1539

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 6:41 pm

You make a good point, EP.

Much of that isn't too important to me... but a valid argument just the same.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 10:05 pm

I think one of the hidden reasons that they try to block gays from having certain rights is because of the AIDS factor. While it's true now that anyone can be HIV positive it was once predominately a homosexual disease and an insurance companys nightmare. I have a feeling that this still follows the gay community and there is probably added pressure from insurance companies to prevent any kind of union that might allow coverage of a spouse who is not healthy enough to be working and insured themself.

That is just a theory I have, but when you have politicians with holier than thou gay paranoia already, it's going to sway them further if insurance companies are offering them behind the scenes money to prevent gay unions from happening.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 2:07 am

Ratzilla wrote:
I think one of the hidden reasons that they try to block gays from having certain rights is because of the AIDS factor. While it's true now that anyone can be HIV positive it was once predominately a homosexual disease and an insurance companys nightmare. I have a feeling that this still follows the gay community and there is probably added pressure from insurance companies to prevent any kind of union that might allow coverage of a spouse who is not healthy enough to be working and insured themself.

That is just a theory I have, but when you have politicians with holier than thou gay paranoia already, it's going to sway them further if insurance companies are offering them behind the scenes money to prevent gay unions from happening.

If they're getting married just to get an HIV-positive person covered, it would be excluded under the pre-existing conditions clause in most insurance policies. I wonder if the incidence of AIDS is any higher among long-term monogamous gay couples than long-term monogamous straight couples. In theory, it should be zero percent unless one of the partners was already HIV-positive when the relationship began. And that's the same for heterosexuals or homosexuals.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 4:25 pm

My point is only that gays are labeled with that AIDS red flag to this day. Of course pre-existing conditions are not covered, but an insurance company even mentioning the future potential for AIDS to a homophobic politician looking for excuses to prevent their marriage sends a desired message.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

On Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Love....   On Love.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On Love....
Page 1 of 1