Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

High Speed Chase

Go down 
+8
firemanswife
Ratzilla
slickjay12
CountryGirl
Blackie Kuhn
jewelz
suzyj
Justoo
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812
Registration date : 2008-03-25

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 2:02 pm

Headed east on old 40.

Trooper was after him but I think he got away across open ground.

I had no idea that tumbleweeds were that fast.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

Number of posts : 3438

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 2:11 pm

I thought you were talking about my mother. She drives like she's still living in Phoenix. If you ride with her, be prepared to use your Fred Flintstone brakes. Scary!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=790394051
jewelz
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
jewelz

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2008-04-04

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 7:43 pm

I was at 13th and Main today at 2:05 or so when 5 police cars ripped out of the Police Station going towards Vine . Don't know where they went nor what they were doing, You do?
Back to top Go down
http://www.firstpeople bears.com
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 7:50 pm

Last one there buys the doughnuts.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 7:56 pm

cat stuck in tree..5 cops 2 fire trucks and an ambulance responds to the scene
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 8:43 pm

Poly carts all "escape"?
Back to top Go down
jewelz
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
jewelz

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 9:20 pm

suzyr wrote:
Poly carts all "escape"?
Something had all of the poly carts thrown around today, on every alley.
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-03-26

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 9:40 pm

around 2ish the firetrucks & police were @ roosevelt school...they had gotten there truck in for the cookie dough sale & the door had swung & hit a mother in the head...she was taking to HMC...last i knew she was ok
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:00 pm

CountryGirl wrote:
around 2ish the firetrucks & police were @ roosevelt school...they had gotten there truck in for the cookie dough sale & the door had swung & hit a mother in the head...she was taking to HMC...last i knew she was ok

damn with the wind today I bet that hurt
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:17 pm

On my very first day of Kindergarten at Wilson I was just going in and got my head cut open when strong wind slammed the door on my head. Mom took me back home shaved the cut and taped it together. Then I ran around a few weeks with a missing spot of hair. No wonder I didn't like school.
Back to top Go down
jewelz
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
jewelz

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 11:23 pm

Ratzilla wrote:
On my very first day of Kindergarten at Wilson I was just going in and got my head cut open when strong wind slammed the door on my head. Mom took me back home shaved the cut and taped it together. Then I ran around a few weeks with a missing spot of hair. No wonder I didn't like school.
Yup, No wonder!!!
Back to top Go down
firemanswife
Rookie
Rookie
firemanswife

Number of posts : 176

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:19 am

Ratzilla wrote:

The old man said "So that is why ur so spacey sometimes". Just Joking
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:40 am

firemanswife wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:

The old man said "So that is why ur so spacey sometimes". Just Joking

I've been called worse. LOL

I've had numerous hard hits to the head in my lifetime including one just this Wednesday morn. I have no memory of what caused it, but at about 7:00 AM My head came in contact with the corner of a shelf in my bedroom and I woke up on the floor. Still trying to figure out what happened.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 6:55 am

Ratzilla wrote:
but at about 7:00 AM My head came in contact with the corner of a shelf in my bedroom and I woke up on the floor. Still trying to figure out what happened.

Sounds like you hit your head on a shelf.*

*I am not an official investigator, but I did play one in a high school play.
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2008-10-06

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 10:12 am

CountryGirl wrote:

I got an email last night saying she had been life flighted to Wichita with very serious injuries.
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 10:38 am

Ratzilla wrote:

I've had numerous hard hits to the head in my lifetime including one just this Wednesday morn. I have no memory of what caused it, but at about 7:00 AM My head came in contact with the corner of a shelf in my bedroom and I woke up on the floor. Still trying to figure out what happened.

I'd have paid money to see that! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
jewelz
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
jewelz

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 10:47 am

OMG I hope she is OK! I wish her the best!! Keep us posted! God bless her.The wind was ferociously strong. I couldn't get into the court house to get my tags. I had to use another door to get in. Got my tags for 2009.
Back to top Go down
Samwitty
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Samwitty

Number of posts : 873

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:30 am

Me too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biteme.com
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:52 am

jewelz wrote:
OMG I hope she is OK! I wish her the best!! Keep us posted! God bless her.The wind was ferociously strong. I couldn't get into the court house to get my tags. I had to use another door to get in. Got my tags for 2009.

I just got this email:

Susan had brain surgery last night, she is Wichita in ICU, they don't now the extent of the damage as of yet. They removed a bone that had protruded the brain. The first 72 hours are most critical
Back to top Go down
jewelz
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
jewelz

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 1:25 pm

lilchefed wrote:
jewelz wrote:

I just got this email:

Susan had brain surgery last night, she is Wichita in ICU, they don't now the extent of the damage as of yet. They removed a bone that had protruded the brain. The first 72 hours are most critical
My prayers are with her and family!! Thanks! Keep up posted!
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:20 pm

thanx for the update...
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 8:40 pm

suzyr wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:

I'd have paid money to see that! Twisted Evil

You're so sweet. High Speed Chase 400358
Back to top Go down
suzyj
All Star
All Star
suzyj

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 8:51 pm

Yeah, I try. High Speed Chase 843959
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 8:55 pm

I was still feeling a few twinges in the old brain today that made me a little spacey and out of touch. Gave me a vague fraction of an idea of what was going on in lots of airheaded voters minds Tuesday. Smile
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 12:01 pm

I just got this email:

Susan had brain surgery last night, she is Wichita in ICU, they don't now the extent of the damage as of yet. They removed a bone that had protruded the brain. The first 72 hours are most critical[/quote]

have you heard how susan is doing?
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 3:51 pm

The last update I got was about 5 p.m. on Friday:

Susan is doing better. They removed her breathing tube and her vitals are really good. They were going to try to get her sitting up this afternoon so blood clots don't form. They are in hopes that she will get out of ICU this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 8:21 pm

We laugh all the time at someone opening a door in high winds, but it ain't always funny. I remember once at work a door was yanked out of my hand and damn near drove the handle clear through the wall.
Back to top Go down
jewelz
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
jewelz

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 9:16 pm

lilchefed wrote:
The last update I got was about 5 p.m. on Friday:

Susan is doing better. They removed her breathing tube and her vitals are really good. They were going to try to get her sitting up this afternoon so blood clots don't form. They are in hopes that she will get out of ICU this weekend.
I'm glad she is better!! THe wind did quite a bit of damage that day! Ripping doors open or yanking your arms off trying to hold a door. I hope she has a speedy recovery! flower
Back to top Go down
alg8tr
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
alg8tr

Number of posts : 584

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:29 pm

" one time, at band camp"....No no....I hope she is ok....I don't ever remember the wind like that. That Gusty that is. Just reading that made my skull hurt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigalstoons.net
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 1:32 am

there was an article in 2day's paper saying that susan was released from icu on sunday & there is a chance 4 her 2 come home this wk...
Back to top Go down
jewelz
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
jewelz

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 10:43 pm

How is Susan doing? Home yet??
Back to top Go down
CountryGirl
Rookie
Rookie
CountryGirl

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 10:57 pm

i haven't heard anything lately...if anybody knows please update us on susan
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 12:05 am

susan who,what's her last name?
Back to top Go down
lilchefed
Rookie
Rookie
lilchefed

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 10:43 am

Got this email this morning:

Susan (Wilson) was released this week and back home in Hays with her family. She is doing very well and trying to take it easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

High Speed Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Speed Chase   High Speed Chase Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

High Speed Chase
Page 1 of 1