Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace

Go down 
+3
slickjay12
supermom75
The Other One
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace Empty
PostSubject: Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace   Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 7:15 pm

GLENN BECK: There was a story in The Wall Street Journal yesterday about trophy kids going to work. These are the kids that we've raised and we've told them, "Who's super special? You are." And we've never told them anything bad. Well, now they are starting to enter the workforce, and I love this. We're now having these, what do you call them, consultants to help new employers adjust to the employees. Consultants are coming in and saying, "Look, you've got to adjust the way -- because you've got new employees. " Now here's a Boston-based consultant doing the other, coaching a group of college students for job interviews. Who had a consultant for a job interview? Did anyone within the sound of my voice have a consultant that you hired to help you with job interviews? My gosh. Get over yourself. Go out and get a frickin' job. Consultant, what a bunch of pansy -- I'm sorry. I digress.

Anyway, she said to them, "How do you believe your employers are going to view you?" She even gave them a clue. She said, "The word I'm looking for begins with the letter E." One student raised his hand, said "Excellent." Another student rhymed in with "Enthusiastic, energetic." Not even close. Here was the correct answer. "Entitled." The students collectively responded, "What?" Some were surprised. Others were hurt that they would be viewed as people who think they're entitled.

Here's the problem with the Millennial generation, and this is the problem -- I'm telling you, I've said this for years. You want your -- go ahead. You want to be a helicopter parent, you save them for everything, do you know what some companies now have parent day? In the corporation where your parents can come? You bring your parent to work, that's the last day you are coming to my office. I mean if they want to have a sit-down with me. If they want to come by and see your office, that's cool. You want to have a sit-down? Get the hell out of my office. I think we need more people with this theory: Get the hell out of my office. Now, we're not going to be able to do that because soon the government will be able to protect everyone so you'll not be able to fire everyone. You can live more like they live in France where, I'm not kidding you, companies have whole sections of floors dedicated to people who just sit in an office and do nothing because the state won't let them fire them. You can't fire them. So they just, "You're moving down to 12. Well, have a good time." And people just go to work and they sit in their office and they do nothing! That's where we're headed. In the meantime, until the government tells me I can't do it anymore, get the hell out of my office. Don't you feel like that? Don't you want -- some guy who would come to you when he's applying for a job and he wants to work and the next thing he's like, "Well, I've got a consultant to help me." Well, I don't know about you, but you seem to be doing fine, but I'm not going to work like that. Get the hell away from me.

The Millennials that are coming in now, employers are beginning to realize that that is the future workforce and they want to shape the job towards their life rather than have their life adapt to the workplace. I mean, that's all well and good, but... get the hell out of my office. "Although members..." this is from the Wall Street Journal. "Although members from the other generation were considered somewhat spoiled in their youth, millennials feel an unusually strong sense of entitlement. Older adults criticize the high maintenance rookies for demanding too much too soon. They want to be CEOs tomorrow. More than 85% of hiring managers and human resources executives say they feel that Millennials have such a strong sense of entitlement than older workers according to a survey," blah, blah, blah. "The generation's greatest expectations, higher pay, 75%." "What? You're paying what?" "Yeah, that's what I'm paying. Get the hell out of my office." Flexible work schedule, 61%. Promotion within a year, 56%. More vacation and personal time -- oh, I've got a lot of personal time coming your way. Get the hell... can you finish the sentence? They really do seem to want everything, and I can't decide whether it's an inability or an unwillingness to make tradeoffs," says the assistant dean and MBA and admissions director at Stanford University. A study of 18 to 28-year-olds found that nearly half had moderate to high superiority beliefs about themselves. The superiority factor was measured by responses to statements such as, quote, "I deserve favors from others." How about this one? "I know that I have more natural talent than most." They don't want to work 40 hours a week. They happen to wear clothes that are comfortable. They want to spice you will the dull workday by listening to their iPods if they want to. And, "If corporate America doesn't like it, too bad for them." Really? Get the hell out of my office. We have a problem with arrogance in this country. This is what I was talking to you about a little bit yesterday. We have a real problem with arrogance and if you are a religious person, you know what happens whenever people become arrogant. "Oh, they're destroyed." We've got to reconnect with humility. We've got to reconnect with doing the right thing. We've got to reconnect with who we are. We're going to be forced soon to reconnect with what our grandparents taught us and how my generation and older, what they learned. No, you know what, I'm sorry. I can't say my generation and older. Because the generation right before me is so damn screwed up, I don't know what the hell they're doing. The people who were raised in the Sixties, you are the people responsible for what we're living in right now. You people have -- "Oh, I care about the planet. I care..." oh, shut up. You dope-smoking hippies, look what you have brought us now. And because you were in charge of the curriculum, everybody gets a trophy. You know what? There are losers in life. There are losers in life. The losers in life are the ones who don't really try very hard because everything is owed to them. The losers in life are the ones that expect a trophy even though they're in 18th place. The winners are the ones that try. Those are the winners. They may not always exceed but they try. When you couple arrogance with the Social Security problem, when you couple the idea of, "I know I have more natural talents than most, I deserve favors from others," when you couple that with "What about the old people? Are we going to take care of the older generation?" "No, they've done nothing but stand in my way the whole time." Who's going to get the medical care when Social Security really, when it comes down to it, Medicare, Medicaid, when it comes down to universal healthcare? When you're going to have to make a decision because we can't afford good healthcare for everybody, somebody's not going to get a kidney transplant. Somebody's not going to get heart surgery. Somebody's not going to get kidney dialysis. Somebody's not going to get that surgery. Who's it going to be? Is it going to be the Millennial that doesn't give a flying crap about anybody else but themselves because they're special, look at all the trophies they won? Or is it going to be the 80-year-old who's already lived past their time? I mean, look what they have done. You know the answer of that as well as I do.
Back to top Go down
supermom75
Rookie
Rookie
supermom75

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace   Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 8:44 pm

I love Glenn!!! We're so happy he's joining the Fox team!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace   Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 8:48 pm

huh?
Back to top Go down
supermom75
Rookie
Rookie
supermom75

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace   Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:03 pm

Glenn Beck! I do believe he wrote the above article...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace   Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:50 pm

supermom75 wrote:
he's joining the Fox team!!

is what generated my "huh?"
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace   Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:53 pm

yes he is joining the FAUX NEWS team where is kind can roam free and make all kinds of stories up and never bother with a little thing called fact checking
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace   Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:05 pm

slickjay12 wrote:
roam free and make all kinds of stories up and never bother with a little thing called fact checking

No, that would be the liberal media you follow like a lemming. Look out for that cliff.
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace   Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:07 pm

slickjay12 wrote:
yes he is joining the FAUX NEWS team where is kind can roam free and make all kinds of stories up and never bother with a little thing called fact checking

such a typical liberal democratic viewpoint........
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace   Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:43 pm

nitromaxx98 wrote:
slickjay12 wrote:
roam free and make all kinds of stories up and never bother with a little thing called fact checking

No, that would be the liberal media you follow like a lemming. Look out for that cliff.

I was thinking that it would be more like Air America, NPR or PBS. Of course, nobody would know because nobody listens to or watches them.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace   Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:44 pm

LukeTHr wrote:
slickjay12 wrote:
Baaa....

such a typical liberal democratic viewpoint........
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace   Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:56 pm

The Other One wrote:
LukeTHr wrote:
slickjay12 wrote:
Baaa....

I am a McCain slut

You are so slick changing my words in the quote window.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace   Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 11:58 pm

slickjay12 wrote:
The Other One wrote:
LukeTHr wrote:
slickjay12 wrote:
Baaa....

I am a McCain slut

You are so slick changing my words in the quote window.

Actually, that's what I was hearing you say as I read your words.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace   Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 2:52 am

Get the hell outta my office!
Back to top Go down
LukeTHr
All Star
All Star
LukeTHr

Number of posts : 1936

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace   Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 3:07 am

The Other One wrote:
nitromaxx98 wrote:
slickjay12 wrote:

I was thinking that it would be more like Air America, NPR or PBS. Of course, nobody would know because nobody listens to or watches them.

I am a listener of NPR and a member of High plains Public Radio. I think a person can only make an informed decision when they have utilized many varied sources.

As for Air America, with Al Franken involved , I have the same view of AA that you do of Fox News
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace   Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 6:10 am

LukeTHr wrote:

I am a listener of NPR and a member of High plains Public Radio. I think a person can only make an informed decision when they have utilized many varied sources.

I listen to a lot of NPR. During pledge week I listen to the Eastern Kansas station so I don't miss the news. I call it fair and balanced listening.
If you are a librul and refuse to listen to anything on Fox News... pray that the rancher has a wife.
Back to top Go down
supermom75
Rookie
Rookie
supermom75

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace   Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 6:59 am

slickjay12 wrote:

Hey Slick, lay off the Koolaide!!!
Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace   Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trophy Kids Hit the Workplace
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hays, Kansas :: Open Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: