Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

Enerysis Cuts Back

Go down 
+9
stormy
jewelz
The Other One
CelticDragon
jessks75
slider
SlumberGirl
nitromaxx98
luv2cook
13 posters
AuthorMessage
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Enerysis Cuts Back Empty
PostSubject: Enerysis Cuts Back   Enerysis Cuts Back Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 9:25 pm

Im sure most of you saw this in the paper today. Unfortunately I'm thinking this is only the beginning. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Enerysis Cuts Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enerysis Cuts Back   Enerysis Cuts Back Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 10:00 pm

Alot on here don't get the Hays Daily Litter, please enlighten...
Back to top Go down
SlumberGirl
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
SlumberGirl

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Enerysis Cuts Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enerysis Cuts Back   Enerysis Cuts Back Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 10:06 pm

I hate the thought of losing everything...once again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.slumberpartiesbyvalarie.com
slider
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
slider

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Enerysis Cuts Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enerysis Cuts Back   Enerysis Cuts Back Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 10:17 pm

http://www.hdnews.net/ If it isn't the lead story just look on the right hand side in the scroll down box.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Enerysis Cuts Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enerysis Cuts Back   Enerysis Cuts Back Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 10:17 pm

One of the city's largest employers will be dramatically curtailing operations this week as a result of the nation's financial woes.

Read the rest of it here.

http://www.hdnews.net/printstory/EnerSys
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007

Enerysis Cuts Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enerysis Cuts Back   Enerysis Cuts Back Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 10:27 pm

OUCH!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
CelticDragon
Rookie
Rookie
CelticDragon

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Enerysis Cuts Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enerysis Cuts Back   Enerysis Cuts Back Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 11:44 pm

A friend who works there told me it's not a big deal. This actually happens almost every year, it just got publicity this time. He's definitely not worried about his job.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

Enerysis Cuts Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enerysis Cuts Back   Enerysis Cuts Back Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 11:47 pm

CelticDragon wrote:
A friend who works there told me it's not a big deal. This actually happens almost every year, it just got publicity this time. He's definitely not worried about his job.

Many industries are seasonal. Think of it as being a snow shovel salesman.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675

Enerysis Cuts Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enerysis Cuts Back   Enerysis Cuts Back Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:53 am

luv2cook wrote:
One of the city's largest employers will be dramatically curtailing operations this week as a result of the nation's financial woes.

Oh. I thought they were cutting the voltage on their batteries.
Back to top Go down
jewelz
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
jewelz

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Enerysis Cuts Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enerysis Cuts Back   Enerysis Cuts Back Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 11:46 am

CelticDragon wrote:
This is true* I worked there for 3 years and twice a year this would happen. I wouldn't worry about this.

Last edited by jewelz on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:47 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
http://www.firstpeople bears.com
stormy

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Enerysis Cuts Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enerysis Cuts Back   Enerysis Cuts Back Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 3:53 pm

This may be true of Enerysis however I believe there is good reason for worry for all of us. In the midwest most of the news we hear seems to be far removed from us but it just isn't so. It may take longer to hit but hit it is. The state is in dire straits financially and it will eventually hurt everyone. I think many small businesses are on the brink and larger businesses are hurting. State funded entities and already feeling the pinch and it will get worse befor it gets better. Many states are drawing up paperwork for federal loans and somewhere the money will have to stop. Just my feelings however it is short sighted to think the election, no matter who wins, can turn things around for some time.
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Enerysis Cuts Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enerysis Cuts Back   Enerysis Cuts Back Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 5:18 pm

jewelz wrote:
CelticDragon wrote:
This is true* I worked there for 3 years and twice a year this would happen. I wouldn't worry about this.

My question then is this. Why would they say in the HDN that this was in direct result to the economic slow down?
Back to top Go down
jewelz
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
jewelz

Enerysis Cuts Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enerysis Cuts Back   Enerysis Cuts Back Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 5:31 pm

luv2cook wrote:
jewelz wrote:
CelticDragon wrote:

My question then is this. Why would they say in the HDN that this was in direct result to the economic slow down?
Oh I know. I'm just an hopeless optimist person. I didn't read the HDN. I do hope for the best in all this. Do you think it will get better when we vote in a new President?
Back to top Go down

Enerysis Cuts Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enerysis Cuts Back   Enerysis Cuts Back Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 5:35 pm

fear mongering
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

Enerysis Cuts Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enerysis Cuts Back   Enerysis Cuts Back Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 5:40 pm

Its panic time we are on the brink of a Great Depression, hide your money, stock up on condoms and booze because this is going to be a long ride.
Back to top Go down
jewelz
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
jewelz

Enerysis Cuts Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enerysis Cuts Back   Enerysis Cuts Back Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:56 pm

Degeneration X wrote:
Its panic time we are on the brink of a Great Depression, hide your money, stock up on condoms and booze because this is going to be a long ride.
Save a horse ...ride a cowboy..HEEheee
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Enerysis Cuts Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enerysis Cuts Back   Enerysis Cuts Back Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 11:07 pm

My place of work is slower for a longer time than years past and so are other places. All the worry about the banks crashing is bound to slow buying.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Enerysis Cuts Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enerysis Cuts Back   Enerysis Cuts Back Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:09 am

Ratzilla wrote:
My place of work is slower for a longer time than years past and so are other places. All the worry about the banks crashing is bound to slow buying.

My place of work has been busier than it has in a long time. I think it may be that people are spending their money before Obama is elected and takes it all.
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Enerysis Cuts Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enerysis Cuts Back   Enerysis Cuts Back Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:14 am

The Other One wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:

My place of work has been busier than it has in a long time. I think it may be that people are spending their money before Obama is elected and takes it all.

Only all the millionaires you hang around with need to worry.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Enerysis Cuts Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enerysis Cuts Back   Enerysis Cuts Back Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:22 am

slickjay12 wrote:
Only all the millionaires you hang around with need to worry.

I've known I was rich since 1993. I'll be forever indebted to Bill Clinton for that. He promised that he'd only raise taxes on the rich. Mine went up, so I must have been a rich person at $26,000 a year.

Or he lied, and Obama is pulling the same trick.
Back to top Go down
Ratzilla
All Star
All Star
Ratzilla

Number of posts : 6902

Enerysis Cuts Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enerysis Cuts Back   Enerysis Cuts Back Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 2:16 am

If I had the power I'd give tax breaks to the rich. I'd base it accordingly on how well they pay their lowest level help, providing top rate insurance, and how big the Christmas bonus is. Very Happy

For those who pay shit wages and give poor insurance or none I'd give a special tax rate of 50% with zero allowed deductions.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Enerysis Cuts Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enerysis Cuts Back   Enerysis Cuts Back Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 7:24 am

Ratzilla wrote:
If I had the power I'd give tax breaks to the rich. I'd base it accordingly on how well they pay their lowest level help, providing top rate insurance, and how big the Christmas bonus is. Very Happy

For those who pay shit wages and give poor insurance or none I'd give a special tax rate of 50% with zero allowed deductions.

Obama 1040EZ

Line 1: How much money did you make last year? $______________

Line 2: Send it in.
Back to top Go down
dz724
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Number of posts : 919

Enerysis Cuts Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enerysis Cuts Back   Enerysis Cuts Back Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 7:37 am

The Other One wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:

Obama 1040EZ

I did hear him complaining about the number of pages in the tax code recently... Maybe you're on to something? If this would be the new tax code under Obama, many tax accountants will be looking for new work.
Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Enerysis Cuts Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enerysis Cuts Back   Enerysis Cuts Back Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 8:02 am

dz724 wrote:
The Other One wrote:
Ratzilla wrote:

Obama 1040EZ

I did hear him complaining about the number of pages in the tax code recently... Maybe you're on to something? If this would be the new tax code under Obama, many tax accountants will be looking for new work.

Why would anyone work?
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Enerysis Cuts Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enerysis Cuts Back   Enerysis Cuts Back Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:19 am

HDN reporting this am that Enerysis cut another 22 jobs and they state that its specifically related to the economy. This doesnt sound like a regular yearly layoff to me. I feel sorry for these people, right before the holidays.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Enerysis Cuts Back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enerysis Cuts Back   Enerysis Cuts Back Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enerysis Cuts Back
Page 1 of 1