Hays, Kansas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hays, Kansas

Where Individuals Become A Community With A Voice

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatChat  RegisterRegister  Spell CheckSpell Check  Log inLog in  

HAYS pothole, road construction thread.

Go down 
+6
Blackie Kuhn
Degeneration X
crutch51
The Other One
luv2cook
wilkykav2
10 posters
AuthorMessage
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245
Registration date : 2008-03-26

HAYS pothole, road construction thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAYS pothole, road construction thread.   HAYS pothole, road construction thread. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 9:09 am

What a Face
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

Number of posts : 1170
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: HAYS pothole, road construction thread.   HAYS pothole, road construction thread. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 2:26 pm

what the hell happened to ym thread?
Back to top Go down
wilkykav2
All Star
All Star
wilkykav2

Number of posts : 2245

PostSubject: Re: HAYS pothole, road construction thread.   HAYS pothole, road construction thread. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 2:56 pm

Back to top Go down
The Other One
All Star
All Star
The Other One

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: HAYS pothole, road construction thread.   HAYS pothole, road construction thread. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 3:35 pm

All I can say is that Hays streets ain't even half as bad as Topeka. Oz keeps talking about getting a Smart Car, but it would just disappear in one of those holes. When it rains hard, I'm tempted to go stock the potholes with bass and open a fishing pole rental store.
Back to top Go down
crutch51
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
crutch51

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: HAYS pothole, road construction thread.   HAYS pothole, road construction thread. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 4:28 pm

luv2cook wrote:
what the hell happened to ym thread?

dyslexic are we? HAYS pothole, road construction thread. 838724
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

PostSubject: Re: HAYS pothole, road construction thread.   HAYS pothole, road construction thread. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 9:54 pm

I'm still trying to figure out why Hays had to spend money on extending 22nd street. There are other streets in this town in dire need of repair, 8th street from vine to milner, fort and ash streets. The railroad tracks on vine could use some work also, i'm afraid they're going to swallow up my car one of these days.
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: HAYS pothole, road construction thread.   HAYS pothole, road construction thread. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 10:20 pm

It's a bigger priority to have a goddamn soccer field for Hammond
Back to top Go down
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: HAYS pothole, road construction thread.   HAYS pothole, road construction thread. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 8:28 pm

Does anyone know when Main street is going to be done? Honestly, they could have done and redone that 6 times already. Evil or Very Mad

This is what irks me about the way Hays awards contracts. Freaking APAC comes in and bids the jobs at dirt cheap and then they only have like 5 guys working a 20 man job and it takes a damn lifetime. Bid awards should also be based on getting the damn job done expediately, not just the price.
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: HAYS pothole, road construction thread.   HAYS pothole, road construction thread. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 9:25 pm

luv2cook wrote:
Does anyone know when Main street is going to be done? Honestly, they could have done and redone that 6 times already. Evil or Very Mad

This is what irks me about the way Hays awards contracts. Freaking APAC comes in and bids the jobs at dirt cheap and then they only have like 5 guys working a 20 man job and it takes a damn lifetime. Bid awards should also be based on getting the damn job done expediately, not just the price.

polycarts... HAYS pothole, road construction thread. 905892
Back to top Go down
Blackie Kuhn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer
Blackie Kuhn

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: HAYS pothole, road construction thread.   HAYS pothole, road construction thread. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 9:31 pm

I noticed another crew around town working on street projects,so APAC isn't getting all of them
Back to top Go down
slickjay12
All Star
All Star
slickjay12

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: HAYS pothole, road construction thread.   HAYS pothole, road construction thread. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:02 pm

luv2cook wrote:

I thought most construction contracts have a built in done by date or the company pays a daily penalty/
Back to top Go down
jessks75
All Star
All Star
jessks75

Number of posts : 2007

PostSubject: Re: HAYS pothole, road construction thread.   HAYS pothole, road construction thread. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:42 pm

what about that DAMN bridge going West out of town by the college. GRRRRR, I'm so sick of having to detour!!!! How long does it really take to fix it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jessks75
luv2cook
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
luv2cook

PostSubject: Re: HAYS pothole, road construction thread.   HAYS pothole, road construction thread. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:44 pm

nitromaxx98 wrote:
luv2cook wrote:

polycarts... HAYS pothole, road construction thread. 905892

*click* ignore Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
nitromaxx98
All Star
All Star
nitromaxx98

Number of posts : 3515

PostSubject: Re: HAYS pothole, road construction thread.   HAYS pothole, road construction thread. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 11:10 pm

HAYS pothole, road construction thread. 400358
Back to top Go down
Degeneration X
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Degeneration X

Number of posts : 1337

PostSubject: Re: HAYS pothole, road construction thread.   HAYS pothole, road construction thread. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:54 am

jessks75 wrote:
what about that DAMN bridge going West out of town by the college. GRRRRR, I'm so sick of having to detour!!!! How long does it really take to fix it?
The city is trying to get the money to fix it, so its going to be a long time before you can drive through there again.
Back to top Go down
Justoo
All Star
All Star
Justoo

Number of posts : 3812

PostSubject: Re: HAYS pothole, road construction thread.   HAYS pothole, road construction thread. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:50 am

The bridge is a county problem, not city. They just got approved for recieving money from a revolving loan that will let them fix it. I think the next step is the bidding process, unless one of them is related to someone in the bridge construction business.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HAYS pothole, road construction thread.   HAYS pothole, road construction thread. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HAYS pothole, road construction thread.
Page 1 of 1